LucidView uses a 5-step process to help you quickly and successfully test and analyze your marketing approach and help you identify other changes—competitor tactics, clues from past campaigns and market changes—that may lead to improved performance and ROI.
Step 1. Creative Freedom:
Your ideas drive the whole process. After defining the project scope, a LucidView consultant will lead your team through a brainstorming session to discover ideas that will lead to improved performance.
The LucidView Strategy not only provides greater scientific power for marketing testing, but also allows for greater creative freedom to test more ideas than were previously possible. We will help you generate new ideas, quickly and efficiently test many of them at once, and zero in on the optimal combination of elements to drive sales while reducing costs.
Good ideas drive marketing. Good ideas, well executed, drive profit. An organization may have the brightest creative minds, but without feedback, bright ideas often burn out in the marketplace. LucidView focuses on your best ideas in order to leave a lasting impression and achieve maximum results from your marketing testing strategy.
Step 2. Scientific Discipline
After creative freedom in brainstorming ideas, we begin the process of defining solid test elements and reliable metrics. The goal is to focus on the highest-potential marketing-mix variables and the right data to quantify success.
- The two most important components of the Scientific Discipline step are defining the elements to be tested and selecting key metrics to analyze the data.
- Defining test elements allows you to harness the power of your ideas and concentrate the brainstorm list down to a manageable number of your highest-potential ideas. Similar ideas can then be grouped together to distill a shorter list of the most potent changes, polish the raw ideas into clear “testable” elements, define bold levels, and assess the mix of variables to maximize your potential return while minimizing time, cost and effort.
- We begin by grouping related ideas and clarifying confusing wording. Also, similar ideas may be combined and broad ideas split into multiple variables. We then use objective criteria to trim the list. We start with “RIABC criteria,” keeping elements within each group that are relevant, can be changed independently, and are actionable, bold and cost-effective.
- Selecting key metrics is also crucial. If it cannot be measured, it cannot be tested. If the goal is to increase advertising effectiveness or improve marketing programs, it is important to measure these specific goals. While a simple idea in theory, for accurate, reliable results it is important to:
- Choose the right metrics
- Analyze data stability and reliability
- Plan the process for data collection
- Refine the scope of the testing project, if necessary
Measuring marketing testing results is similar to measuring advertising effectiveness. The right data is needed to see the impact of each ad or test recipe, while reducing error from outside factors and random noise in the marketplace.
Metrics may be clear and reliable—like direct mail response rate or landing page conversion rate—or may require in-depth analysis and planning before launching a test. LucidView can help you analyze your data in order to learn what improvements can be made to help your business increase its ROI.
Step 3. Statistical Power
One of the breakthrough innovations in marketing testing is the immense statistical power of cutting-edge test designs. These advanced designs are based on decades of academic research and complex statistical theory, yet—with the right approach—they are surprisingly easy to use. With a strong marketing team and solid statistical guidance, you can energize your marketing and testing programs with the LucidView approach:
- Test dozens of marketing variables as quickly as testing a single variable – Test 10-20x more variables than before.
- Use the same sample size regardless of the number of elements being tested – often 5%-10% of the sample size normally required.
- Accurately quantify the real-world impact of each element independently and its interactions between test elements.
- Use the test design that best suits your marketing objectives – flexible, efficient designs let you increase your ROI from every test.
Step 4. Marketing Insights
Scientific marketing testing illuminates your marketing programs, marketplace and customers more clearly than you have seen them before. Final data analysis also highlights the real-world impact of every test element on its own and in combination with others.
The sign of a well-run test is simple and powerful conclusions. The LucidView marketing testing strategy gives deeper insight into the true impact of test elements through simple, clear graphs and charts that represent the results of:
- Test Recipes – shows which combinations are doing well
- Main Effects – quantifies the real-world impact of each test element
- Interactions – gives deeper, more accurate insights into how main effect vary based on how other elements are set
- ROI – tests the optimal combination versus the original combination control and calculating the return on the testing investment.
Testing is an on-going process that may need to be continued to answer further questions or leverage new insights. LucidView aims to provide a well-planned and well-executed marketing test that generates clear answers your marketing team can understand and implement into your marketing strategy.
Step 5. Profit
Every test using the LucidView strategy is followed by an implementation drop, often a split-run test of the optimal combination of all elements versus the original control. This allows us to accurately quantify your true ROI.
With scientific marketing testing, dozens of variables can be tested at once, and important changes can be implemented in the next drop, speeding growth by months or even years. This new knowledge allows your business to refine marketing and testing programs to continue testing, learning and implementing new changes proven to increase sales.